Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act Review
The FOIP Review Public Consultation is now closed. Thank you to everyone who participated.
Everyone has the right to access information and the right to protect their personal information. Honourable Don Scott, Associate Minister of Accountability, Transparency and Transformation met with Albertans across the province to talk about the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and gather feedback on how the Act can be improved. Many individuals and groups provided written submissions or participated in an online consultation.
FOIP Review Consultation Overview (PDF, 113KB) — overview of the topics addressed during the public consultation.
- Make the Act easier to understand and easier to follow
- Open government to lessen the need to make FOIP requests
- Make it easier for public bodies to share information so they can provide programs and services more effectively
- Address technological innovation and its effect on information access and privacy
- Examine leading international and Canadian practices
What to Expect
The feedback will be compiled into a summary report after the consultation closes. The report will be posted online for further comment. The final report will be used to help guide changes to the Act and regulations.
For more information
For updates or to be involved in other stages of the FOIP Act consultation, send your name, mailing address, email and telephone number. Providing this information is entirely voluntary. You personal information will be kept confidential and used only for its intended purposes in accordance with the FOIP Act.